Free the V-Bucks
Guide to earn free V-Bucks by playing
Fortnite events tend to grant a lot of V-Bucks. Events have had their own separate questlines and even progression systems.
Events have introduced new heroes, weapons, traps and survivors and have granted free legendaries as well as V-Bucks when completed. During the events you will earn event specific currency to buy Event Llamas with. Heroes, schematics and other items are this way earned for free without the need of V-Bucks. Normal V-Buck bought Llamas reward you with the current event’s currency. New Collection Book sections have appeared for the new items which serves as a nice boost towards your Collection Book V-Buck Rewards.
Current Event: Fortnitemares
Started October 24, 2018 with the patch v6.20.
Venture into the creepy lands of Hexsylvania and experience the “Vlad Moon Rising” questline. Now upgraded with additional narrative content!
There are no V-Bucks on the questline.
Fortnitemares 2018 Part 1
- Hёxin’ – Explore the mists of Hexsylvania. 250 , unlocks side quests.
- Shadow Boxing – Search for the ideal location to test the Storm Trap. 250 .
- Vampire Records – Place 15 Gramophones in successful Hexsylvania missions. 250 , takes 3 missions.
- Dungeons n’ Dungeons – Destroy 8 Pieces of Dungeon Hardware in successful Hexsylvania missions. 250 .
& It’s a Vlad Vlad Vlad Vlad World – Destroy 10 Vlad Statues in successful Hexsylvania missions. 50 Gold, takes 2-3 missions.
- Hex Files – Collect 20 notes by harvesting laboratory equipment in successful Hexsylvania missions. 250 Gold.
- Leaving Less Cages
- Ashes to Ashes
- Curse the Darkness – Rewards one of the Legendary Event heroes.
& The Evil Shed
Fortnitemares 2018 Part 2
- Home of the Grave. 250 .
- The Eight
& The Sting
- Vlad Luck
- Interview with the Vlad Pyre – Rewards The Candy Corn LMG.
- Stop Signs
& Bat Out of Bell
- Stakeout – Rewards Sanguine Dusk Outlander.
- Aromatic for the People
- Stakes, Well Done
- Loot Drop
Side quests which unlock after the first mission
- Pumpkin Head – Eliminate 300 Pumpkin Husks in successful missions. 250 .
- Lok’s Book of Monsters: Vampire Takers – Collect 15 data samples from Vampire Takers in successful Hexsylvania missions. 250 .
- Memories of Someone Special – Find 5 fragments of a music piece in successful Hexsylvania missions. 100 Gold.
- Castle Hunters – Explore the castles of Hexsylvania. 750 .
- Tour De Corpse – Explore the catacombs of Hexsylvania. 250 .
- Mansion Hunters – Explore the Mansions of Hexsylvania. 500 .
Furthermore, there are several repeatable side quests which reward perk resources just like in the previous event.
V-Bucks as Event Quest Rewards
September 27 – October 24, 2018
Cram Session featured four quest lines, each of which had ten stages that granted increasingly better one-time rewards upon completion (Hero/Schematic/Survivor XP, Evolution Materials, PERK-UPs, or Gold) and repeatable quests that awarded Elemental PERK-UPs, RE-PERKs, and Evolution Materials. There were no V-Bucks on the quest lines but the event more than doubled Timed Missions V-Bucks income.
July 12 – September 27, 2018
Test that luck with the new Flintlock weapon set while you Challenge the Horde in the Road Trip event. The whole Road trip questline rewarded you with 500 V-Bucks, a lot of tickets, perk resources, one Legendary hero and a few banners.
Into the Storm
May 1 – July 12, 2018
Join Spitfire and Lok as they investigate the comet and gear up to recruit a team of superheroes! Features Military Weapons and ShadowOps Heroes. The whole Blockbuster questline rewarded you with 900 V-Bucks, a lot of tickets, Legendary Military Weapon and two Legendary and Mythic Heroes. In addition, the Blockbuster event nearly tripled the amount of Mini-Boss mission spots on the map as well as the daily reward claim cap and the missions pretty often had V-Bucks as the reward.
Into the Storm
April 11 – May 1, 2018
Accompany Lars and Ray on their journey into Lars’ past in the brand new questline. Event features brand new Survive the Storm map – Thunder Route 99, Storm Llamas, Legendary Neon Weapons and Cyberpunk Heroes.
The whole Into the Storm questline rewarded you with 300 V-Bucks, 6k Tickets, Legendary Neon Weapon and Legendary Cyberpunk Hero.
Spring it On!
February 15 – April 11, 2018
New quests will be introduced throughout the duration of the event! Spring It On! begins with a tale of love in a storm-ridden world, with the usual Fortnite twist… Firecracker Tickets can be earned by using the new Opt-In Difficulty feature (a BluGlo pylon which increases difficulty when you turn in 1-3 BluGlo) and as event rewards and the tickets are used to purchase Spring Llamas. Features Lunar New Year Heroes and Dragon Weapons! All quests from every week are available throughout the event!
The whole Spring in On! questline rewarded you with 10k Firecracker Tickets, 800 V-Bucks, Legendary Dragon Weapon, Legendary Defender, 3 Legendary Heroes and Seasonal Gold.
January 25 – February 15, 2018
The new Mutant Storm event grants some V-Bucks, Hydraulic weapons and more. The following quests grant 50 V-Bucks and has three stages.
- Enraged – Stage 1 to 3: “Kill 500 Enraged Husks in successful Mutant Storm missions.”
- Quickened – Stage 1 to 3: “Kill 500 Quickened Husks in successful Mutant Storm missions.”
- (unlocks later) Frenzied Deathburst – Stage 1 to 3: “Kill 500 Frenzied Deathburst Husks in successful Mutant Storm missions.”
Unfortunately, the Event Store doesn’t have V-Bucks to be bought with Seasonal Gold. The Event awards total of 450+ V-Bucks.
November 29 – December 14, 2017
Mutant Storms grants a total of 800 V-Bucks for finding safes in addition to other rewards from various quests. The Quest called “Unsafe Deposit” comes in 8 stages and rewards 100 V-Bucks from each stage completion. You need to find and loot a single safe but at stage 5 and after you need 2 safes looted to complete the quest and get the 100 V-Bucks. Teammate looted safes do not count. It is advisable to check roofs and basements of various buildings. Safes seems to always to be in a building including bunkers and watch towers and not on top of the mountains or inside caves. Keep in mind that safes are harder to find than Treasure Chests. You will also earn Storm Tickets from the quests and successful missions on the storm zones.
Survive the Holidays
December 14, 2017 – January 25, 2018
Survive the Holidays features it’s own questline with 4 pages of quests. In addition to 11 event quests the event features a few side quests and one of them grant 100 V-Bucks. The whole, relatively short event grants 400 V-Bucks and the V-Buck reward missions are seen below.
- Page 2, First mission called “Fruitcakes!” – 100 V-Bucks
- Page 3, Second mission called “Jingle all the Way!” – 100 V-Bucks
- Page 4, First mission called “The Fairytale of Homebase” – 100 V-Bucks
The Side quest which grant 100 V-Bucks is called “Who Goes There?” and to complete it you need to find the Frozen Thing in the ice. You can find a frozen pond on every Survive the Storm mission and there it is, a frozen troll husk below the ice. The Event introduced Event Store which includes total of 500 V-Bucks to be bought with Seasonal Gold, which you earn after each successful mission. You will also earn Snowflake Tickets from the quests and successful missions/survivals as well as other event items.
Fortnitemares – The Halloween Event
October 26 – November 29, 2017
Fortnitemares event grants a total of 400+ V-Bucks over 23 quests. About every third quest rewards you with 50 V-Bucks. In addition, the event rewards you with over 2000 Candies throughout it’s questline and each successful mission grants you 50 Candies. Fortnitemares Llama costs 500 Candies and it guarantees at least one Epic or better limited time Fortnitemares Survivor or Hero. Fortnitemare Heroes are duplicates of the existing heroes but with different appearances.